Homestead Deduction - Credit
If you own a home or are buying on a recorded contract, and use it as your primary place of residence, your home and up to one acre of land could qualify for a Homestead deduction.
General Instructions for All Deductions
You may file for your deduction at anytime through December 31 the year before the taxes are due.
The Auditor's office encourages you to complete the application online, but you may also complete it in person. The Auditor's Office is located in the City-County Building, I E. Main Street, Room 102. The office is open from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. You can reach a customer service representative by calling (260) 449-7241 or by email at email@example.com
How to Submit the Application Online
In order to submit the application online you must have the following:
- A personal e-mail address.
- The last five digits of your Driver's License number AND the last five digits of your Social Security number.
- The last five digits of your Spouse's Driver's License number AND the last five digits of your Spouse's Social Security number.
- If your property is titled in the name of a trust you will need to mail a copy of the trust documents to the Allen County Auditor's Office.
- If you or your spouse does not have a Driver's License or State Identification Card, please contact our office at 260-449-7241 for instructions on how to complete the form.
If you meet this requirement, you can access the application as follows:
- Follow the link below to access the application.
- Complete the form by typing directly into the application. Use the tab button to move to the next field and press the mouse button or space bar to select a checkbox field.
- Double-check the information that you typed to make sure it's correct. Ensure you have entered your personal e-mail address. Read through the signature statement and acknowledge your acceptance of it by typing your name.
- Press the Submit button to send your deduction form. The following message will appear on the screen if your application has been successfully submitted, "Your form has been successfully submitted. Thank you!"
- You will be sent a confirmation email when your application is received in the Auditor's office. Please allow one to two days for this process.
Access the Application