ALLEN COUNTY ELECTION BOARD
1 E MAIN STREET, SUITE 172
FORT WAYNE, IN 46802
FAX (260) 449-7908
APPLICATION Deadline: 11:59 p.m. May 21, 2020
USPS OFFICIALS ADVISE THAT FIRST CLASS MAIL TURNAROUND IS THREE TO FIVE DAYS
BALLOT RETURN DEADLINE IS NOON ON ELECTION DAY, JUNE 2, 2020
BALLOTS MUST BE IN THE ELECTION BOARD OFFICE BY THE DEADLINE
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Indiana voters will be allowed to vote by mail for the June 2, 2020 Primary Election regardless if they meet one of the following requirements. For those voters who do not qualify for one of the reasons below, submit your application for a mailed ballot without marking any reason. If you are otherwise qualified to vote, we will process your application and send you a mailed absentee ballot.
- Have a specific, reasonable expectation of being absent from the county on election day during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open
- Will be confined to their residence, a health care facility, or a hospital due to illness or injury during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open
- Will be caring for an individual confined to a private residence due to illness or injury during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open
- Is a voter with disabilities. NOTE: Those unable to mark the ballot or sign the ballot security envelope must contact the county election board to process their application.
- Is a voter at least 65 years of age.
- Have official election duties outside of their voting precinct.
- Scheduled to work at a regular place of employment during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
- Unable to vote at the polls in person due to observance of a religious discipline or religious holiday during the entire 12 hours the polls are open.
- Is a voter eligible to vote under the "fail-safe" procedures in IC 3-10-11 or 3-10-12.Is a member of the military or a public safety officer.
- Is a "serious sex offender" as defined in IC 35-42-4-14(a).
- Is prevented from voting due to the unavailability of transportation to the polls.