Land Use, Permitting and Inspections Satisfaction Survey
200 East Berry Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802-1811
(260) 449-7131 (phone)
(260) 449-7596 (fax)
M-F 7 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
The Building Department was created to administer and enforce building, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, sanitation, sign codes and standards, to provide minimum standards for the protection of life, limb, health, environment, public safety and welfare, and for the conservation of energy in the design and construction of buildings and structures.
What We Do:
- Issue Contractors Licenses and Registrations
- Issue Building Permits
- Issue Certificate of Occupancy
- Minimum Housing Inspections
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC Tests
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC Contractor Test
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC Electrical Test Master and Journeyman
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC HVAC Test Supervisor and Journeyman
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC Non Sanitary Piping Supervisor and Journeyman
Current Codes used in Allen County
- General Administrative Rules: (675-IAC-12 GAR)
- Indiana Building Code: (675-IAC-13 IBC) Based on: 2006 International Building Code (1st printing) with Indiana Amendments, Effective June 16, 2008.
- Indiana Residential Code: (75-IAC-14 OTFDC) Based on: 2003 International Residential Code (5th printing) with Indiana Amendments, Effective April 15, 2012
- Industrialized Building Systems: (675-IAC-15 ISB) Effective May 15, 2003
- Indiana Plumbing Code: (675-IAC-16 IPC) Based on: 2006 International Plumbing Code with Indiana Amendments, Effective December 24, 2012
- Indiana Electrical Code: (675-IAC-17 IEC) Based on: 2008 National Electrical Code (1st printing) with Indiana Amendments, Effective August 26, 2009
- Indiana Mechanical Code: (675-IAC-18 IMC) Based on: 2006 International Mechanical Code (1st printing) with Indiana Amendments, Effective June 16, 2008
- Indiana Energy Conservation Code 2010 (ASHRAE 90.1 2007 edition, as amended)
- Indiana Swimming Pool Code: (75-IAC-20 ISPC) Based on: 1989 Indiana Swimming Pool Code with Indiana Amendments, Effective April 24, 2011
- Indiana Safety Code for Elevators, Escalators, Man lifts and Hoists: (675-IAC-21 SCEEMH) Based on: ASME A18.1, 2005, Effective April 13, 2011
- Indiana Fire Prevention Code: (75-IAC-22 IFC) Based on: 2006 International Fire Code, (1st printing) with 2008 Indiana Amendments, Effective June 16, 2008
- Indiana Supplementary Fire Safety Rules: (675-IAC-24 SFSR) Effective May 17, 2003
- Indiana Fuel Gas Code: (675-IAC-25 IFGC) Based on: 2006 International Fuel Gas Code (1st printing), with Indiana Amendments, Effective June 16, 2008
Code Books may now be purchased on line at www.iccsafe.org then select the product store
RULES AND REGULATIONS - Thirteenth Addition Effective 5-7-2003 - click here to download or purchase it at our office for $10.00 per copy.
We now accept credit card payments for over-the-counter purchases.
We have implemented a new program in the Building Dept. We are able to take money from you in advance and put it in an account that you may draw against. You would be able to get permits or pay for reinspection fees from you account. Each time you use your account your receipt will show you your available balance.
If you are a licensed contractor in Allen County and would like to set up an account with us please call for details. You may reach us at 449-7131.