Allen County business owners know that the county offers a great environment to do business and recent accolades and rankings only demonstrate this. In 2020, Fort Wayne was named the "Best of the Midwest" for business startups by Midwest Startups and the city was named on the Wall Street Journal's list of the top hottest job markets.
Businesses find it advantageous to locate and expand in Allen County due to:
- Quality labor force and workforce development resources to assist in the recruitment of qualified workers
- Access to major markets from a centralized location with good highway access
- Access to Fort Wayne International Airport with direct flights to several major cities
- Competitive tax structure with no inventory or gross receipts tax
- Affordable real estate and comparatively low property taxes
- Excellent public schools, colleges, and universities with nationally recognized programs and degrees
- Outstanding infrastructure and transportation systems
- Home to a variety of fine arts, sporting, and recreational activities and facilities.
Our partners at Greater Fort Wayne Inc. provide the most up to date information on Allen County. Below is a link to the community profile.