APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m. October 22, 2020
USPS OFFICIALS ADVISE THAT FIRST CLASS MAIL TURNAROUND IS THREE TO FIVE DAYS
BALLOT RETURN DEADLINE IS NOON ON ELECTION DAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2020
BALLOTS MUST BE IN THE ELECTION BOARD OFFICE BY THE DEADLINE
In order to vote absentee-by-mail in the November 3, 2020 election, one of the following must apply:
- You have a specific, reasonable expectation that you will be absent from the county on Election Day during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open (6 am until 6 pm).
- You have a disability.
- You are at least 65 years of age.
- You will have official election duties outside of your voting precinct.
- You are scheduled to work at your regular place of employment during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
- You will be confined due to illness or injury or you will be caring for an individual confined due to illness or injury during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
- You are prevented from voting because of a religious discipline or religious holiday during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open.
- You are a participant in the state's address confidentiality program.
- You are a member of the military or a public safety officer.
- You are a "serious sex offender" as defined in Indiana Code 35-42-4-14(a).
- You are prevented from voting due to the unavailability of transportation to the polls.