Looking for Birth or Death Records? Contact the Allen County Department of Health for those vital records plus affidavit of paternity, medical/vaccination records, health inspection records and Phase I environmental assessments, by clicking here

Looking for Marriage, Divorce, Wills, or other Family-Court Related Records? Information on these and other court-related records are available only through the Allen County Clerk of Courts. Request them here

Looking for records involving Law Enforcement Agencies? Requests for police records need to be submitted to the specific police department which handled the matter. You may also find information already in the judicial system by visiting at mycase.in.gov

Looking for anything relating to Building, Planning, Certificates of Occupancy?  Please Note:  Requests for information on properties within the City of Fort Wayne city limits should be submitted to the City of Fort Wayne Public Information Office. For all others, complete an Access to Public Records Request

Anything related to Allen County Government and not already mentioned here? Please complete an Access to Public Records Request


Public Records Policy

It is the goal of the Allen County Board of Commissioners and its departments to comply with the provisions of Indiana Code 5-14-3 (Access to Public Records Act) for the County's public records. In an effort to ensure compliance with the Code and to promote full access to the County's public records, the Board of Commissioners on May 7, 2010, approved the Allen County Public Records Policy. This policy covers the Office of the Commissioners along with its departments.

As part of the policy, the County has developed an Access to Public Records request form. This is an OPTIONAL form that the public can use when seeking disclosure of public records.  You can fill out the form online, save it to your computer and email it from there -- or print and send by fax or mail.

Hard/physical copies of both the Access to Public Records Policy and the public records request form are available at the offices of the Board of Commissioners and its departments.

The Indiana Public Access Counselor's site provides advice and assistance concerning Indiana's public access laws to members of the public and government officials and their employees.


Contact Info

Citizens Square, Suite 410
200 East Berry Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802

260-449-7555 Phone
260-449-7568 Fax

M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm